Assalamualaikum, hello everybody!! how are you… now I am in Semester 6 in my collage life High School STMIK Pontianak, Welcome Semester 6. This post is my first post in Semester 6. Now, I want to sharing about my lesson this is “The Evolving Role of IS/IT in Organizations : A Strategic Perspective” in courses Strategic Planning for Information System.
So, what is Strategic Information System? According to Wikipedia Strategic information systems are information systems that are developed in response to corporate business initiative. They are intended to give competitive advantage to the organization. They may deliver a product or service that is at a lower cost, that is differentiated, that focuses on a particular market segment, or is innovative.
What is The Definition of Strategic Information System??
Strategic information systems is a computer system that implement business strategies; They are those systems where information services resources are applied to strategic business opportunities in such a way that the computer systems have an impact on the organization’s products and business operations. Strategic information systems are always systems that are developed in response to corporate business initiative. The ideas in several well-known cases came from information Services people, but they were directed at specific corporate business thrusts. In other cases, the ideas came from business operational people, and Information Services supplied the technological capabilities to realize profitable results.
Okay, this is the Question about Subject of Strategic Planning for Information System in My Class Lesson chapter 1 :
- Explain the difference between IS and IT!
- Give examples of existing systems on operational level, level management, and strategic level!
- Explain the evolutionary stages of Data Processing (DP) to the stage of a Management Information System (MIS), then towards a Strategic Information System (SIS)!
- How the relationship between strategies IT and IS?
- There are 2 internal context in prespective strategy IS/IT organizations, namely thedifusion and the infusion is then divided into 4 categories, please specify the categoryand then give examples of real business processes in an organization in every organization!
The Answer is …
- IT/ICT refers specifically to technology, essentially hardware, software and telecommunications network. IT/ICT facilitates the acquisition, processing, storing, delivery and sharing of information & other digital content. While the IS, IS is the means by witch people and organizations, utilizing technology, gather, process, store, use & disseminate information (UK Academy of ISs). Some IS are totally automated by IT.
- Structure of Information system in an organization is based on stratification of management activity into different level :
- Strategic planning
- Management Control
- Operational Control
- The answer is To Be Continue …
Thank you for reading guys, Wassalamualaikum